httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Ji...@liz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Adding module to Apache-httpd
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:36:14 GMT
Hi,

I need the module "mod_remoteip" which is not included in the standard httpd-2.2.14 distribution.
I downloaded the source code from people.apache.org/~wrowe/mod_remoteip.c. There is no instruction
for the source code as how to compile the module. On the Apache's web site, the document shows
that after httpd v1.3, to add additional module, simply add a line to the 'configure' file
in the source directory and then compile:

AddModule modules/extra/mod_remoteip.c

and I copied the file to the location. The compilation went through no problem as I included
some other modules such as ssl, proxy, etc. but I don't think Apache compiled the module for
me. Does anyone know how to add module to Apache-httpd compilation or maybe simply compile
the module and then load the module to the httpd? Thanks in advance.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.