httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martucci, Andy" <AMartu...@Premierfarnell.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI Apache Directive: LimitRequestLine
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:18:49 GMT
I've been reliably informed that 8190 bytes is the maximum size available for the get method
and anything over this should be done using the post method.

Thanks to all that took the time to look at this for me.

Regards, Andy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Wigg [mailto:phil@philipwigg.co.uk]
Sent: 25 November 2009 09:39
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] CGI Apache Directive: LimitRequestLine

> Alas that isn't possible... there is a constraint in Apache that limits this to 8190...
see following help text from Apache:
<snip>
> Default: places 8190 in the edit field and "Bytes" in the first drop-down menu.
> Maximum: places 8190 in the edit field and "Bytes" in the first drop-down menu.

Talk of drop-down menus confuses me, I don't think this text is from
the Apache Software Foundation. Are you using the IBM HTTP Server or
similar?

You can certainly increase LimitRequestLine in Apache 2.2:-

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#limitrequestline

but I think you're probably using some repackaged version of 1.3 which
does have a compiled in limit as you describe. If so I can't think of
any way to increase it.

Cheers,
Phil.

Click on the link below to report this email as spam.
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==

***************************Disclaimer***************************
The contents of this e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  The content may also contain
legal, professional or other privileged information. If you received this e-mail in error,
please destroy it immediately.  You should not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose
its contents to any other person. The views stated herein do not necessarily represent the
view of the Company. Please ensure you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach
any documents from this transmission. The Company does not accept any liability for  viruses.
Premier Farnell plc
150 Armley Road Leeds
LS12 2QQ
Telephone +44 (0) 870 129 8608