httpd-users mailing list archives

From Philip Wigg <p...@philipwigg.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to install gcc required for apache 2.2 on RHEL 4
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:34:48 GMT
> I am installing Apache web server 2.2.14 on RHEL 4. When I am running
> configure command in the apache, it is throwing error “No c++ compiler
> found”.

This isn't an Apache question but anyway, you probably just need to
type 'up2date gcc'. Unless there's a reason why you want to install
Apache from source, you can probably also type 'up2date httpd' to
install Apache instead of building your own. Make sure you patch your
system up to date after you've done that.

Cheers,
Phil.