httpd-users mailing list archives

From "sieger007@gmail.com" <sieger...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cannot install a SSL certificate : any idea folks ? Thanks
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 07:05:31 GMT
Hello Friends

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot install a SSL certificate that I'd
been given. Using openssl, I looked at the key file that was generated by
openssl, and the corresponding certificate file that was returned by the CA.

I noticed that the modulus part does not match. I think they have to match,
right?

*Key file*

modulus:
    00:b9:etc ...L2
    7f:1c:37:f7:...L3
   ..
    all the way to L9
publicExponent: 65537 (0x10001)

*Certificate file*

Modulus (1024 bit):
    l1
    l2
    all the way to l9
    but none of the lines L1 and l1 , L2 and l2 ever match

Exponent: 65537 (0x10001)

Also I noticed that the subject part does not match. This is the subject
line from the two files:

*Key file*

Subject: O=foo, OU=bar, CN=something.com

*Certificate file*

Subject: C=US, ST=<state name >, L=<value2>, O=<value3>OU=*.<value4>
CN=*.<value5>

Is this an issue? Should I request for a new certificate with the same
subject line?

I'm not too familiar with how a certificate is generated from the
certificate request file, so any insight into the process would be
appreciated.

Thanks for your help folks
Sam