httpd-users mailing list archives

From Simon Walter <simon.wal...@hokkaidotracks.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache/2.2.8 authenticate LDAP AD SSL or TLS - ubuntu(debian)
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:41:52 GMT
daniel.goulder@and.co.uk wrote:
> If you have managed to get things working over plain LDAP (port 389)
> then you are nearly there...
>
> All you have to do is change the protocol and port and Apache should do
> the rest

I guess my problem is not with Apache. I'll post on the ldap mailing
list to see what they say.

> Of course you need to configure AD for the SSL/TLS encryption...
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=active+directory+ldap
And yes, of course I have searched the web, the forums, the mailing list
archives, and RTFineM. I'm off to figure out how to verify that my AD is
really speaking SSL. According to MS tech site, it does, but I don't
trust the info on there. It seems there is a big difference between
Server 2000 and 2008.