httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Information missing with piped Log setting for ErrorLog
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:24:32 GMT
Shibi NS wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Error log setting without piped logging feature
>
> LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\""
> common
> TransferLog '| rotatelogs \logs\access_log.%y%m%d 1M  common';
> ErrorLog      '| rotatelogs \logs\error_log.%y%m%d 1M  ';
>
> Error log setting with piped logging feature
>
> LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\""
> common
> TransferLog '\logs\access_log.%y%m%d';
> ErrorLog      ' \logs\error_log.%y%m%d';

I believe you mixed things up a bit above.
1) the first settings look like a piped log, and vice-versa.
2) The "common" at the end of TransferLog will be ignored.
Read this again :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#transferlog
(and the preceding LogFormat, and also the CustomLog directive)

Also check the note in CustomLog about file paths :

When entering a file path on non-Unix platforms, care should be taken to
make sure that only forward slashed are used even though the platform
may allow the use of back slashes. In general it is a good idea to
always use forward slashes throughout the configuration files.

I suggest you correct all the above first, then test again, and get back
here if you still have a problem.