httpd-users mailing list archives

From Crypto Sal <crypto....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cannot install a SSL certificate : any idea folks ? Going nuts over SSL..
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 04:25:47 GMT
On 11/17/2009 11:37 AM, sieger007@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks a lot folks. I am getting some sort of handle here .
> The problem is  If I use the original key and the certificate that
> they give me, the web server does not start I assume because the CN,
> OU, etc. does not match.I just want a SSL cert that works.So right now
> I use a self signed CA.Now is there a concept of applying for a
> *Revoke *of an old CA before you apply for a  a new CA .
> Because if I give the CN as xyz.abc.com <http://xyz.abc.com> I get a
> certificate *.abc.com <http://abc.com> why should that be so .
> Thanks again

Hello,

Again, the only real thing that needs to match is the modulus on both
the key and certificate (outside of setting up a proper VHost, of
course). I assume you downloaded the wrong certificate from the CA(Very
common). You could always generate a new key and CSR and send that CSR
to the CA, who then will send you a new certificate.