httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd]
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:49:56 GMT
Mark H. Wood wrote:

> It's thus very unlikely that you will get any help from hardware
> manufacturers in identifying remote users or hosts in the manner you
> specified.  You'll need cooperation from your users.

And I would add that, from a user point of view, I would be very
reluctant to help at any system that would let me be identified in any
way other than me voluntarily and knowingly providing my id by means of
some obvious login page or certificate, and then only to some party I
trust not to disseminate that information outside of my control.
And enough recent cases have shown that such trustable parties are not
very thick on the ground.
So independently of the technical issues, you are up against some
guaranteed and well-founded resistance.