httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DAV access control
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:20:56 GMT
skrishnamur1@bloomberg.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking to setup SVN over apache, but it requires the use of DAV. There are apparently
security concerns over the use of DAV over apache 2.2., in the sense that it would allow users
to anonymously write content to apache, even outside of the context of SVN. Are there any
workarounds to securely enable DAV and disallow anonymous writes etc... Pointers to relevant
literature would be appreciated.

There is nothing to stop you securing a <Location> handled by DAV, just
like you would secure any other section of your webspace.