httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod security turned on, but having some issues
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:59:38 GMT
b k wrote:
> Hi all,
> The web application which I am currently supporting incorporates reports
> generating functionality using Java Reporting Component which worked fine on
> WebSphere App server and also Apache 2.2 before turning on the mod security
> configuration. The app used to generate reports in a PDF format on both IE
> and Firefox browsers pretty well. Now that the mod security config is turned
> on, reports could not be generated properly on any browser. I have these
> issues:
> On IE: I get the File Download dialog with the warning "The file you are
> downloading cannot be opened by the default program. It is either corrupted
> or has an incorrect file type." Instead, the report should open Adobe Report
> automatically.
>
> On Firefox: All weird characters show up on the browser - looks like
> encoding issue.
>
> When I tested the above issue directly on the App server, there is no
> problem which led me to suspect that Apache 2.2 configuration is the CAUSE
> for this ISSUE.
>
> Please help ASAP!!!

ASAP is never a good word to use on a forum where contributors donate
their time to help. Specially not in UPPERCASE.

Maybe you should start by getting the following add-ons to your
browsers, and then carefully examine the HTTP headers which they are
receiving along with the problematic documents :
For IE : Fiddler2
For Firefox : HTTPFox of LiveHttpHeaders

If possible, compare these received headers with the ones you were
receiving before.
That will really allow someone here to help you efficiently.

The headers to focus on are probably

Content-type
Content-disposition