httpd-users mailing list archives

From Devraj Mukherjee <dev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can mod_proxy authenticate against another proxy (squid) server?
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:16:59 GMT
Hi Nick,

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
>
>> Can mod_proxy authenticate and route its request against squid or
>> another proxy server?
>
> What authentication method is the squid demanding?  If HTTP-based,
> set the headers in Apache (or if digest, you'd need have to delegate
> to the browser unless you can find a digest-client module).
> If not HTTP, then just allow the clients to authenticate the squid.

Thanks for the response. Authentication is set to HTTP.

Is ProxyRemote the proper directive for Apache to use another Proxy
server to get content, when implementing a Reverse proxy?

How do I add headers for outgoing requests?

Any examples or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

--
"The secret impresses no-one, the trick you use it for is everything"
- Alfred Borden (The Prestiege)