httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Love" <stephenl...@juno.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd]
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:24:46 GMT
Don't want identification. I want point to point response capability, even if it goes away
later... a way to know that I can send back to that exact address and know it went to that
particular computer instead of randomly going all over the world. Sounds like either I have
been misinformed about how packets are sent, or a LOT of programmers simply do not know the
truth! 2-way handshaking requires session identification ALL the way back to its source.

See us online at http://www.LOVEnCompany.com.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: LuKreme <kremels@kreme.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:06:51 -0700

On 10-Nov-2009, at 13:49, André Warnier wrote:
> And I would add that, from a user point of view, I would be very reluctant to help at
any system that would let me be identified in any way other than me voluntarily and knowingly
providing my id by means of some obvious login page or certificate, and then only to some
party I trust not to disseminate that information outside of my control.
> And enough recent cases have shown that such trustable parties are not very thick on
the ground.

Heck, I don't even trust MYSELF that much.

--
'They say that whoever pays the piper calls the tune.'
'But, gentlemen,' said Mr Saveloy, 'whoever holds a knife to the piper's throat writes the