httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Coleman <logical.z...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache restart problem on windows 7
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:33:02 GMT
Hey everyone;

I recently installed Apache2.2 on my fresh install of Windows 7 Home
Premium, 32bit, as a Windows service.

Installation seemed to proceed normally and the server was active afterwards
such that I could check visit localhost and get the confirmation page.  I
don't remember how I closed Apache (I think I may have just restarted) but
Apache stopped somehow and all my attempts to restart it have failed.

When I go to restart it, whether through the command line or the Windows
Services GUI or whatever, I get a 1067.  Checking the logs I get this
consistently for every attempt:

httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX for ServerName
[Sun Nov 22 09:30:51 2009] [warn] pid file C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of
previous Apache run?

I've tried deleting the httpd.pid file to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Through my google searches it seems like
this is a fairly common problem, but I haven't been able to find any
effective solution.

Thanks for your time.

--
"Yes I Innovate!" http://innovativesystems.siu.edu