httpd-users mailing list archives

From LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Apache error if using Basic AuthType under Location directive
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:03:46 GMT
On 15-Nov-2009, at 12:22, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Iacopo Benesperi <iacchi@iacchi.org> wrote:
>> Eric Covener ha scritto:
>>> As the error message says, You can't put <location> in htaccess.  It's
>>> got nothing to do with what's inside the <location>.
>>
>> So where can I use the location directive?
>
> Inside the configuration file read by Apache at startup (nominally
> httpd.conf, but may be a series of files in your installation)

Inside ANY of the configuration files, to be clear. Users generally have a specific conf file
in /etc/httpd/user/user.conf and this is what you would need to put a <Location> in.

To do hat you want though, the simplest solution is to put a htaccess file in the folder you
want to protect.

--
"It's like those French have a different word for *everything*" -
	Steve Martin