httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AllowOverride
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:13:12 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Pruniaux Ghislain
<ghislain.pruniaux@univ-fcomte.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> Some users on my apache server need to use RewriteEngine in there directory.
> They use .htaccess, but they say that does not work.
> I think i must change AllowOverride for their directory (default is none) ,
> but i could not find the  AllowOverride directive for the RewriteEngine
> (AuthConfig,FileInfo,Indexes,Limit,Options etc ..)

Each directive lists the 'AllowOverride' that pertains to it:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule
RewriteRule Directive
Syntax:	RewriteRule Pattern Substitution [flags]
Context:	server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess
Override:	FileInfo
                       ^^^^^
--
Eric Covener