httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel López Robles <dalo...@acotelsa.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.11 and "Allow service to interact with desktop"
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:30:12 GMT
Hello:

I have a weird problem with Apache and Windows 2003 Server that I haven't been able to figure
out:

HP Proliant DL580 G5
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64
Apache 2.2.11

With that configuration, if I double-click "My PC", "Manage" and I go to "Disk manage", an
error is given: "Unable to connect to logical disk manager"

The weird thing is that if I check the "Allow service to interact with desktop" checkbox in
the properties of the Apache2.2 service, the problem is solved. ¿? The new problem now is
that when connecting to the machine via Terminal Server with the /console parameter, a lot
of cmd windows appear, due to the rotatelogs.

I hope someone could give me some clue about the dependencies between Apache and Logical disk
manager, and/or an alternative to rotatelog.exe, in order to eliminate those annoying cmd
windows. I tried mod_log_rotate but it didn't work properly with the error log.

Thank you very much.

Daniel