httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel López Robles <dalo...@acotelsa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.14 and "Allow service to interact with desktop"
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:34:06 GMT
Hello:

I tried with the last httpd.exe (2.2.14) and I had the same problem: I had to check the "Allow
service to interact with desktop" checkbox in the properties of the Apache2.2 service in order
to get the Logical disk manager working. So I change the subject of the mail.

Thank you.

Daniel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daniel López Robles
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 12:30 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.11 and "Allow service to interact with desktop"

  Hello:

  I have a weird problem with Apache and Windows 2003 Server that I haven't been able to figure
out:

  HP Proliant DL580 G5
  Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64
  Apache 2.2.11

  With that configuration, if I double-click "My PC", "Manage" and I go to "Disk manage",
an error is given: "Unable to connect to logical disk manager"

  The weird thing is that if I check the "Allow service to interact with desktop" checkbox
in the properties of the Apache2.2 service, the problem is solved. ¿? The new problem now
is that when connecting to the machine via Terminal Server with the /console parameter, a
lot of cmd windows appear, due to the rotatelogs.

  I hope someone could give me some clue about the dependencies between Apache and Logical
disk manager, and/or an alternative to rotatelog.exe, in order to eliminate those annoying
cmd windows. I tried mod_log_rotate but it didn't work properly with the error log.

  Thank you very much.

  Daniel

  --
  Mensaje analizado por el sistema de deteccion de virus y antispam de ACOTEL. El
  hecho de que dicho mensaje haya sido tratado NO excluye que pueda contener