httpd-users mailing list archives

From LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Conditional .htaccess
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:39:14 GMT
On 19-Oct-2009, at 17:23, Scott Haneda wrote:
> php admin value and php flag values, I would like to only be enabled
> for my IP address, but publicly, I want them off, so the public does
> not see errors, only I do.

I think the way to do this is to setup a different location.

Something like this (this is for webdav, but the idea is the same):

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.example.com
    ServerAlias example.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/home/ksmith/http/
    CustomLog /home/ksmith/logs/site.log combined
    ErrorLog /home/ksmith/logs/site_error.log
</VirtualHost>

<virtualhost *>
    ServerName webdav.example.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/home/ksmith/http/
    DavLockDB /tmp/DavLock.example
    CustomLog /home/ksmith/logs/sitedav.log combined
    ErrorLog /home/ksmith/logs/site_daverror.log
    <location />
          DAV On
          AuthType Basic
          AuthName "Example.com DAV"
          AuthUserFile /home/ksmith/.htdavpass
          #AllowOverride All
          ForceType text/plain
          require valid-user
     </location>
</virtualhost>

notice the two virtualhosts are pointing at the same content.

You would do something similar to create a, say, phpadmin.example.com
that turned on the directives you wanted:

<virtualhost *>
    ServerName phpa.example.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/home/ksmith/http/
    php_flag display_errors on
</virtualhost>

--
I WILL NOT STRUT AROUND LIKE I OWN THE PLACE
	Bart chalkboard Ep. 2F15