httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hickey, Tom" <tom.hic...@radiantsystems.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Increase Logging
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:47:05 GMT
Thanks to all for your help up to now.  I have a code question and perhaps Eric you could help
out again.  I am looking at the changes between 2.2.8 and 2.2.9. I have both built and have
begun tracking down my issue but perhaps you could offer a little insight.
In mod_isapi.c, in the "apr_status_t isapi_handler (request_rec *r)" function the read of
the data fails for my request in 2.2.9 while it is successful in 2.2.8.  Specifically this
block

        while (read < cid->ecb->cbAvailable &&
               ((res = ap_get_client_block(r, (char*)cid->ecb->lpbData + read,
                                        cid->ecb->cbAvailable - read)) > 0)) {
            read += res;
        }

I have verified the following in both cases
r->remaining - has the same value
r->read_chunked - has the same value
cid->ecb->cbAvailable - allocated with the correct amount of memory

In 2.2.9 the read value = 0 whereas in 2.2.8 the read value = r->remaining

In looking at ap_get_client_block() we make our call to apr_brigade_flatten() which should
read the value and fill the buffer but it returns an empty buffer size.  My suspicion is that
the call in ap_get_client_block() to ap_get_brigade() is returning empty buckets but I am
not sure what the r->input_filters is actually doing.
Any tips on troubleshooting this issue?
Thanks.

Tom