httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Rice (trice)" <tr...@cisco.com>
Subject [users@httpd] group authorization via LDAP
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:18:49 GMT
I'm trying to convert from DBM file based authentication and
authorization to LDAP based authentication and authorization in Apache
2.2.11.

We've already got a large number of .htaccess files with specific
configs for individual directories that are using "require user" and
"require group".  Is it possible to configure the apache server to allow
those .htaccess to continue work as expected or must we change them to
"require ldap-user" and "require ldap-group"?

I'm digging through the mod_authnz_ldap docs but the config to specify
the base for group authorization (in my case: "ou=GroupStuff,ou=Our
Groups,dc=Company,dc=Com") just isn't jumping out at me.