httpd-users mailing list archives

From aurfal...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] server side scripts + local display
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 01:18:41 GMT
Thanks Eric.

U provided a good clue.

I got it running and heres what I did incase any one needs to know.

My Xen server runs Apache and I have VNC server enabled on it as a no
priv user.

This user has, in there ,bashrc;

xhost +

In my Python script running server side via http://xen-dom-U-apache-
server/python-script.py, I have

print os.putenv('DISPLAY',':3')
print.os.system('some program that needs display to run')

Its 3 because I have VNC running on port 3 to avoid any Xen console
conflicts with dom0.

This allowed the program needing a display to work on the Apache server.