httpd-users mailing list archives

From Serge Fonville <serge.fonvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with cert of *443 VirtualHost
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 10:06:51 GMT
Hi,

> yes every virtual host lists the sslengine on and etc routines and
> > namevirtualhost on 443 is enabled in default config.
> > My webmail config is nearly similar at least similar in ssl configuration
> > part and I don't understand from where it gets that apache test cert.
>
> You can't have namevirtualhost with SSL. (yet). This page explains why:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts2

Used virtualdocumentroot to resolve this
VirtualDocumentRoot C:/ProgramData/htdocs/%0
Combined with subjectaltname in the certificate.
This resolved it for me
But you'll have to add the Root Certificate to all clients in their trusted
store
For an internetfacing webserver, probably too bad.
Since I can't think of CA that allows this

HTH

Regards,

Serge Fonville

--