httpd-users mailing list archives

From Karel Kubat <ka...@e-tunity.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTP/0.9 and mod_proxy
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:31:47 GMT

Hi,

On Oct 1, 2009, at 4:25 PM, Danijel wrote:

> I have to reverse proxy a beast which speaks HTTP/0.9. The
> documentation
> to mod_proxy says:
>
> 	This module implements a proxy/gateway for Apache. It implements
> 	proxying capability for FTP, CONNECT (for SSL), HTTP/0.9,
>        HTTP/1.0, and HTTP/1.1.
>
> The configuration simply is:
>
> 	ProxyPass / http://backend:9110/
>
> But all I get is error 502. The log says:
>
> 	error reading status line from remote server backend
>
> The tcpdump between Apache and the backend looks like this:
>
> 	GET /test HTTP/1.0
> 	Host: backend:9110

This isn't the right part of the tcpdump. The back end must reply with
something like:
   HTTP/1.1 200 OK

   and some content
You're looking at the request that goes to the back end, not the back
ends' response.

If you've used the trick "follow tcp stream" in your Wireshark, and
have only seen the above, then indeed there is no back end response to
be found, so the proxy rightfully says: error reading status line from
remote server backend.
- --
Best regards / met vriendelijke groet, Karel Kubat
Mob +31 6 2956 4861