httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Zuckerman <j.zucker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Restarting Individual Sites
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:05:43 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Chance Ervin
<cervin@intersectconsult.com> wrote:
> d on the Apache service.
>

> It seems that an edit to the config file with a graceful restart of Apache
> may do the trick but that introduces risk that a mistake was made in the
> file and only found after trying to restart. Any help being guided in the
> right direction would be appreciated.

you can run "apachectl configtest" to determine if  there are any
errors in the configuration before restarting apache.  I'm not aware
of any way for an apache web server which is hosting multiple sites to
restart for just a single site.
What you can do is make configuration changes within the virtual host
definition of the site you're interested in altering.