httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Close-Wait ports issue
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:08:32 GMT
Darren Kukulka wrote:

> So as we're not specifying any directives in the httpd.conf, with respect to connection
control, the default of KeepAlive=on and KeepAliveTimout=15 applies?  Would this not clear
out the close-wait connections?

No.
KeepAliveTimeout 15
is *very* long nowadays.  It means that, after a browser has sent its
last request (and is maybe never going to make another request), the
Apache server's child/thread which was handling that connection, will
wait for up to 15 seconds, doing nothing, before it decides that the
browser is never going to ask for something else, and then close its
side of the connection and, possibly, signal that it is now available to
handle another request.

Try setting to 3 for instance.