httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Enabling HTTP and HTTPs
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:01:28 GMT
Jorge Medina wrote:
> Right. I have two Listen directives
>
> Listen 80  http
> Listen 443 https
>
> The page I would assume that the page I get is generated by the mod_ssl module. It looks
something like this:

Allright, that clears one mystery, and I learned something (I did not
know that mod_ssl was doing that; smart little module).

Now the next mystery to me, is how, without VirtualHosts, you can set up
a server to answer different pages under HTTP and HTTPS at the same time.
(That is how you say you had it configured, before you removed HTTP).

Fortunately, there seems to be a HowTo specifically for that.
See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_howto.html
(the last one)

The other way I could think of would be to use virtual hosts, like

Listen 80 HTTP
Listen 443 HTTPS

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
</VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost *:443
<VirtualHost *:443>
... (SSL-based config)
</VirtualHost>

(But that is really a hack, and works only with 1 single HTTPS VirtualHost).