httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite, mod_proxy and AAA
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:12:12 GMT
Hi.

environment : Apache 2.2, all platforms

In the doc. for RewriteRule it specifies :
Context:	server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess

Similarly, the doc. for ProxyPass indicates :
Context:	server config, virtual host, directory

Does the above mean that they apply also to a <Location> section ?
Looking at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html
it seems so, but I'd like to be sure.

Underlying question :

I currently have the following directives in a <VirtualHost> :

	RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/script.pl$ /getit [P]
	ProxyPass /getit http://another-host.com/getit
	ProxyPassReverse /getit http://another-host.com/getit

this works fine.

I would like however, that *before* the above proxying to the back-end
takes place, such requests would be subject to AAA on the front-end
server.  For this, I would define a <Location> as follows :

   RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/script.pl$ /getit [L]
   <Location /getit>
     Authname something
     ... (other AAA-related directives)
     ProxyPass ^.* http://another-host.com/getit
     ProxyPassReverse / http://another-host.com/
   </Location>

Would that work ?
I am asking because this is a production server, with no real good test
server available for testing this beforehand.

Thanks.