httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Dalton <aa...@daltons.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Handler Chain (based on request method)
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:13:45 GMT
I'm using mod_perl and CGI::Application::Dispatch to create a RESTful
web application.  In the one resource, GETs should be sent to the
default handler, and all other requests to the dispatcher.  I have tried
using <Limit> and <LimitExcept>, but they do not appear to be working.
The handlers get processed regardless.  Here is the current config:

	<Location /fs>
		<LimitExcept GET>
			Allow from All
			SetHandler perl-script
			PerlHandler BackCAD::Dispatch
		</LimitExcept>
		<Limit GET>
			Allow from All
			SetHandler default-handler
		</Limit>
	</Location>

Is there some way to make this work?  Do I need to write some sort of
pre-dispatcher that checks the request method and returns DECLINED if
it's GET?  But if it's *not* GET, how do I then pass control on to the
other dispatcher?

Thank you so much for your time and assistance.
Aaron