httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] GET request on a directory
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:15:14 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> If the files listed in  DirectoryIndex aren't found
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex),
> and your effective value of the Options directive includes "Indexes"
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options), then this
> module shows you a directory listing:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_autoindex.html
>

> If Options does not include "Indexes", you'll get a forbidden error instead.
>
> If one of the files in the DirectoryIndex list are present, it's just displayed.

Not even thinking of contradicting what Eric writes above, but just as
an addition to it :

I think what may confuse you is the following :
In your URL

HTTP://domain.com/somedirectory/?C=xx;O=yy

the part after the "?" is considered not as part of the URL, but as the
"query string".  So the real URL Apache is looking for is

HTTP://domain.com/somedirectory/

and then, what Eric write above applies.
In other words, you would get just the same result from Apache by
entering just

HTTP://domain.com/somedirectory/