httpd-users mailing list archives

From Teren Teh <t...@oanda.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Server Side Includes for certain files
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:21:43 GMT
Hi there,

I'm wondering if there's anyway possible to selective choose which files
to be processed for SSI? At the moment, all .shtml files are being
processed. However, not all of these are required to be processed and
for efficiency, I'd like to not process them. An option would be to
rename these files to .html but that would break my linking structure
and thus I would have to rename every reference of that file.

Would there be something that I can do to interject before Apache
processes the server side includes? Such as checking for certain
directories and if there are .shtml files in certain directories, then
serve the pages without processing them?

Thanks,
Teren