httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_ext_filter cmd output is garbage
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:33:20 GMT
Now wait, you are talking about a "forward proxy" here ? You mean that
the browsers of your network have this one set up as a http proxy, and
it goes and gets the pages out there for them, and returns them ?

If that's the case, then of course you could have character set issues,
unless you parse all the documents on the way back, and figure out
a) what kind of data this is (a jpeg image, a css stylesheet ?)
b) if it is a "text" type, what character set and encoding it's in
c) what kind of transfer encoding may have been used (compressed ?)
etc..
I don't think that "s/foo/bar/g" will really do it.