httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gareth Brown <Gareth.Br...@CallCreditGroup.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with apache reporting the wrong Port number
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:10:09 GMT
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a known issue, but I have searched Google/forums etc
and found no clear answer.

*The problem I have
*My Apache is accepting http traffic on port 81, but reporting it as
port 80 - via the PHP command:
$port=$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']

I am doing it through a F5 Big-IP load balancer, and I think the problem
is either an apache config, or a big-ip config for how it sends the data
to apache.

*My Setup*
The Big-IP intercepts http traffic and forwards in on to port 80
it also intercepts https traffic on port 443, decrypts it and send it on
via http on port 81

My website then checks if it is on port 81, so I know traffic is secure.

*What I have tried*

If I put an iis (yuck) server behind the Big IP instead of apache and it
reports 80 and 81 correctly

If I put apache back behind the big-ip it reports both port 80 and port
81 as being port 80

If I stop apache running on port 80, and send data to port 81, it still
reports as port 80

Has anyone seen this before, or is it just something I've messed up some
place?

Many thanks

Gareth