httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Jonas <djo...@vitalwerks.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Retrieving original Date: header field (httpd 2.2.3)
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:57:41 GMT
How can one retrieve the original Date: request header?

I'm implementing an HMAC-based authentication in PHP similar to Amazon's
S3 authentication and I require the original Date: string for the hash.
PHP's apache_request_headers() returns all but the Date. I tried using
%{HTTP:Date} in a mod_rewrite rule but it came out empty. Digging around
in the source hasn't turned anything up yet.

I've spent days searching the Internet for this but to no avail. "Date"
is a terrible string to search on. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,

David