httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Issue with DirectoryIndex
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:07:16 GMT
What version of Apache are you using, on which platform ?
Can you give us you whole configuration file ? What you are telling us
about your configuration, and the URLs which you mentioned in your first
post, do not match.
About this :
<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:8081>
Are you sure that you are really using name-based virtual hosts, or is
this an address-based virtual host scheme ?
In any case, the following lines are probably incorrect :
     ServerName x.x.x.x:8081
     ServerAlias x.x.x.x:8081
ServerAlias should not include a port number.  ServerName can include
one, but only if you really know what you are doing.
What do your "Listen" and "NameVirtualHost" directives look like ?

The reason for all the questions and remarks above is : under Apache
2.x, there are hundreds or thousands of systems where the DirectoryIndex
works exactly as expected.  So the problem in all likelihood is not with
Apache, but with something in your configuration which prevents it from
working.  But the information you provide seems incomplete or
inaccurate, so it is difficult to help you.