httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem with virtualhost
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:35:36 GMT
JC wrote:
> I'm trying to install a web mail in a new server with the following items:
> Debian 2.6.26-2-amd64
> horde 3.2.2
> imp 4.2.4
> apache 2.2.9
> php 5.2.6
>
> when I try to install for the first time to configure it by web, it show the
> following:
> Internal Server Error
>
> I hope you can help to resolve this problem

Hi.
Probably not.
The main reason is that, for a very first attempt, you are trying too
many things at once.
Maybe a better way would be to de-install all these packages, and
re-install just Apache httpd.  Then, verify that it is working, by the
very simple method of accessing the server with your browser, like this
: http://the-name-of-your-server
You should then get a page saying : It works !
Do you ?
If you do, then add one more package, and test if it works according to
its installation instructions.  And so on.
As soon as you encounter something that does not work as expected, then
go to the user's list of *that* package, and enquire why, explaining
what you have done so far.