httpd-users mailing list archives

From Danijel <apache-us...@ml.rbfh.de>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP/0.9 and mod_proxy
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:25:11 GMT
Hi,

I have to reverse proxy a beast which speaks HTTP/0.9. The documentation
to mod_proxy says:

	This module implements a proxy/gateway for Apache. It implements
	proxying capability for FTP, CONNECT (for SSL), HTTP/0.9,
        HTTP/1.0, and HTTP/1.1.

The configuration simply is:

	ProxyPass / http://backend:9110/

But all I get is error 502. The log says:

	error reading status line from remote server backend

The tcpdump between Apache and the backend looks like this:

	GET /test HTTP/1.0
	Host: backend:9110

Also I've looked into the code:

    while (received_continue) {
        apr_brigade_cleanup(bb);

        len = ap_getline(buffer, sizeof(buffer), rp, 0);
        if (len == 0) {
            /* handle one potential stray CRLF */
            len = ap_getline(buffer, sizeof(buffer), rp, 0);
        }
        if (len <= 0) {
            apr_socket_close(p_conn->sock);
            backend->connection = NULL;
            ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_ERR, 0, r,
                          "proxy: error reading status line from remote "
                          "server %s", p_conn->name);
            return ap_proxyerror(r, HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY,
                                 "Error reading from remote server");
        }

So, the error is raised when len is <= 0. So, why is len <= 0 with the input
above?

-Danijel