httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Bailleul" <Emmanuel.Baill...@telindus.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] SSLSessionCache and SSLMutex
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:10:05 GMT
Hi,

I've been playing with httpd-2.2.13 / Linux (2.6) in order to optimize
SSL perfs, thus the "SSLSessionCache" & "SSLMutex" directives.

For the moment I use the defaults :

SSLSessionCache "shmcb:/var/run/ssl_scache(512000)"
SSLMutex "file:/var/run/ssl_mutex"

I wonder how I could check that the shared mem segment and the mutex are
really created/used.

In the debug log and the server-status page I can see that Apache writes
stats about shmcb and its usage, but I can't see any "file" in /var/run
on my system (I thought I should have the ssl_mutex one ...).

The output of 'ipcs -as' does not give me anything either ...

Does anyone have ideas on other ways to check that session cache & mutex
are operational on my box ?

Thanks for you help.

Emmanuel Bailleul