httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] proxy server
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:35:47 GMT
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM, idan72 <ishai@cisco.com> wrote:

> I have web application writing in Flex.
> The clients are from different location(countries).
> I want that when client try to reach the URL of application he will get it
> from local server and not from the main server.
> Also if possible that if there is update in main server the update will be
> send to the local server at each location.
>
> Is that possible ?

Yes. But this is not that trivial.
The easiest part is mirroring your servers to a local machine. Use
whatever works for you to do this. The hard part is getting clients to
use a geographically close server. For that you will need to return a
different IP address when a client request your hostname, depending on
where the request originates from. But this has nothing to do with
apache really...

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com