httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [mod_dav] Apple Finder webdav client launch many GET requests when I explore a folder
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 12:13:37 GMT
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM, André Warnier<aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> In any case, I use the Apache mod_dav module a lot, and I have never seen
> this issue, even with buggy Microsoft Dav clients.

I've seen this behaviour with eclipse and SVN (which uses WebDAV too).
Just a simple browse of the source tree in ecplipse results in
hundreds of requests. This is actually not a bug, but just a
consequence of the protocol. Every file property a client wants to
know results in a GET...
Basically, if you build an apache webdav server you should expect lots
of requests.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com