httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Ionescu <bobsie...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule question
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:16:36 GMT
2009/9/15 Jai <jayamurug@gmail.com>:
> We have folloeing rewrite rules in our apache configuration files.
>
> RewriteRule ^/AuthenticateService/Agent/Authenticate
> /AgentAuthenticationService/AgentAuthenticationSoapBindingImplBean [PT]
> RewriteRule ^/AuthenticateService/Agent/Authorize
> /AgentAuthenticationService/AgencyAuthorizationSoapBindingImplBean [PT]
> RewriteRule ^/AuthenticateService/Agent/AuthenticateAndAuthorize
> /AgentAuthenticationService/AgentAuthenticationAndAuthorizationSoapBindingImplBean
> [PT]

Problem: The pattern of the first rule matches requests which are
intended for the third rule.
Solution: Reverse the order (special patterns followed by more general
patterns) or change the regular expression to "not to match anything
followed by ....Authenticate", i.e., by marking "end of string" with a
$ sign:

RewriteRule ^/AuthenticateService/Agent/Authenticate$ /....

Bob