httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Müller" <Alexander.Muel...@brz.gv.at>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite ignoring proxy flag
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:32:00 GMT

Hi,

we are having the following RewriteRule entry configured

  RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://HOSTNAME/$1 [P]

which generally seems to work, all incoming requests are forwarded to the indicated machine,
not as redirect but utilising mod_proxy.

The problem starts to occur when a URL contains a question mark

  /SOMEPATH?/ANOTHERPATH

these URLs do not seem to be proxied through but are actually sent as regular HTTP redirect
to the client. I noticed that by separating the question mark - like /SOMEPATH/?/ANOTHERPATH
- it doesn't show this behaviour but again works like mod_proxy.

Would anyone have an explanation for this behaviour?

Thanks,
Alexander