httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Too many CLOSE_WAIT connections
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:48:23 GMT
Martin Spinassi wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> I'm trying a load balance two tomcats servers with one apache in front
> wit MPM worker, but after a while, apache left too many connections in
> CLOSE_WAIT state until it stops responding.

Shouldn't do that.  Have you got some ridiculously long Timeout?

> The problem seems to be that, in a process with 5 threads, it gets some

5 threads is very, very low.

> <IfModule mpm_worker_module>

Event MPM should help with this over Worker if there really is
a problem.  But I'd look at your timeout and threads first.
And that MaxRequestsPerChild is ridiculously low too: you
should almost certainly use 0 (unlimited) if it's just
fronting something on tomcat.

--
Nick Kew