httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: SSI + content-length headers
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:41:55 GMT
Rajwinder-office Singh wrote:
>     I have a situation :
>
>     1. I have to keep SSI enabled on all *.html pages.
>     2. SSI removes content-length + Last-modified headers from *.html
>     3. I have to keep these two headers for it to be cached by my CDN
>     provider.

Content-length shouldn't affect cacheability.  If you're sure it does,
you might consider a bug report to whoever is responsible.

>     4. No fun of using XbiHack cause every other html is having ssi.

What's wrong with xbithack?  Just scope it where you want it.

>     Does it make sense to calculate these two headers and then insert
>     both headers in some kind of output filter ?

Yes, you'd need to compute content-length in an output filter.
And it would need to buffer your output, which makes for a huge
performance hit if you're serving big documents.

--
Nick Kew