httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Automatically grant authenticated users access to a dir matching their username
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:20:22 GMT
Joahnn Gile wrote:
> --- Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> schrieb am Di, 22.9.2009:
>
>> Consider using mod_authz_owner which will do
>> authentication based on the username that owns the
>> file/directory. Assuming that the directories in question
>> will be owned by that user, that should work.
>
> Unfortunately that will not work as the users do not have system accounts, we use mod-auth-mysql
and all files are owned by the apache user.

I think this would be quite easy to do using mod_perl.
- catch the request before mod_auth_mysql (e.g. in a PerlAccessHandler)
- in function of the "user" part of the URL, set the "required user"
on-the-fly
- let mod_auth_mysql do its stuff to authenticate the user
- let the Apache "require user xxxx" (as modified by the mod_perl module
above) catch the inappropriate user