httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_ssl configuration problem with module?
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:42:21 GMT
Joe Nardone wrote:
> We have an existing module on 1.3 which we're porting (finally) to
> 2.2.  This is primarily a set of content handlers.

With content handlers, upgrading should be straightforward.

> I'm seeing strange SSL behavior (all of our clients connect to this
> through SSL).  Specifically, under 1.3 when our module would write
> data (ap_rprintf) and then return OK, the headers and data would
> return in the same single SSL record.
>
> Under 2.2, it appears that no matter what I do, the headers and data
> are being sent in two separate SSL records in the response.  This is
> true at least for POST requests.

Does it make any difference if you make an HTTP/1.0 request
(or force downgrade)?

Sorry, that's groping in the dark, SSL records are outside my territory.

> We have a lot (thousands) of clients using in-house written code that
> (unfortunately) expects/requires that the entire response
> (headers+data) is in a single SSL record.  We do not have any way to
> upgrade the remote agents so the behavior has to be identical.

I don't suppose it makes a solution you can stick with, but it might
lead somewhere.  What happens if you insert a proxy between apache
and your clients?

> Does anyone know if this is something that needs to change in code, or
> is something in mod_ssl's config, or is not possible?

Sorry, don't know.

--
Nick Kew