httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost: Questions on proper usage
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:33:51 GMT
Tim Legg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wanting to clean up my Apache 2.2.9 (Debian Package) installation after modifying
it to virtual host 7 domains in order to make it more robust, understandable, secure and maintainable.
 I want to have one of these sites being a SSL site.

> -----
>
> I have read the section on NameVirtualHost,
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#namevirtualhost
>
> * Does NameVirtualHost get used in every entry in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ ?  Is
it redundant to include that declaration in all the others as well?

sites-available is a debianism designed to confuse.

You should only have one NameVirtualHost (for any IP:port).
It goes before any of the virtualhost definitions.

--
Nick Kew