httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How does Transfer-Encoding: chunked work with CGI?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:12:36 GMT
Hi.
As regarding the overall content-length header, has anyone re-checked
the relevant part of the HTTP RFCs ? I haven't yet, but I seem to
remember that for chunked encoding, each chunk has an individual length,
but there is no overall content-length.
Which would meake sense, because at the time the initial headers are
sent out, the total length is not necessarily known.
In terms of CGI, that would mean that when Apache calls the CGI module,
it cannot set the CONTENT-LENGTH as an environment value, since it isn't
known yet.