httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How does Transfer-Encoding: chunked work with CGI?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:18:03 GMT
Chris Cross wrote:
> Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote on 09/11/2009 10:31:46 AM:
>  > Hmmm.  That sounds buggish (dammit, it's a long time since I did
>  > anything nontrivial with CGI).
>  >
>  > What Apache version, and what CGI implementation?
>
>  From my CGI env:

That's not actually what I asked (many CGI implementations would
give the same).  But it's probably enough to go on: a recent-
enough apache release, probably prefork, and probably mod_cgi
(any Ubuntu folks here know whether it could be something
different without the server admin having made a conscious choice)?

Quick sanity checks:

(1) if your test script just reads to EOF, does it get the right
     (de-chunked) inputs?
(2) does it fail with any reasonably-standard CGI library?

--
Nick Kew