httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Excluding String from access log
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:01:55 GMT
Mohit,

Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> All I want is to remove that "info" message from the access log. So
> basically I don't want to see that in access or error log

read this : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#loglevel

You can stop all [info] messages from appearing in the error log.
As to the access log, these messages should anyway not appear there,
unless you did something stupid like point both access log and error log
to the same file.

Apart from that, Apache is open source, and you are welcome to download
the source, modify it, and remove any kind of message from the logs that
you want.

What other people here are trying to tell you (but you don't seem to
want to listen) is that for this kind of thing, it is easier to "filter"
your logfiles after the fact, using a separate script.
Or filtering them in real-time, by piping them through your own filter.

See for example here (the section "pipe") :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog