httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Buder" <pa...@mail.powells.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd hangs on all requests
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:45:20 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 11:53 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] httpd hangs on all requests

Paul Buder wrote:
> Me: > The default configuration from apache.org.
>
> I should have mentioned this is a windows laptop (Dell latitude d530).

The windows world is crawling with half-assed programs that
mess with your networking.  Have you tried turning off any
firewalls, antivirus, skype, etc and rebooting?

I hadn't disabled antivirus so I tried that. In the process, a windows
update was requested which I allowed. When the machine came back up, I
was surprised to see the "It worked!" page came up successfully. I
turned av back on and it still worked. But then when I tried to run a
cgi I got a ton of errors in the logfile suggesting I use the
Win32DisableAcceptEx directive. This fixed it. I also got a windows
message suggesting my paging file was too small. At any rate, everything
is working now. Thanks for the help.